Dr. Ignacio Iceta González
Dr. Ignacio Iceta González
- Cataract surgery
- Reconstructive anterior segment surgery
- Ocular exam
- Exploration of angular and morphoscopic visual acuity
- Direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy
- Functional exploration of the retina
- Ocular fluorescein angiography study
- Exploration via ultrasounds
- Radiology exploration: computerised axial tomography
- Exploration of the lachrymal apparatus
- Exploration of binocular vision
- Corneal staining assessment
- Papillary excavation assessment
- Biometry and intraocular lens calculation
- Laser photocoagulation
- Scleral buckling
- Biomicroscopic exploration
- Injection of vitreous substitutes
- Eye movement exploration
- Pupillary reflex exploration
- Orbital palpation
After obtaining his specialist qualification in ophthalmology, Dr Ignacio Iceta has spent a large part of his career at Quirónsalud Tenerife Hospital, where he performs an average of 800 cataract operations a year. Since 1997, he has been one of the ophthalmologists responsible for clinical and surgical care under the Spanish National Organisation of the Blind (ONCE).
In addition to cataract surgical procedures using PHACO, Dr Iceta has trained in the surgical indication for strabismus and retina surgery, in addition to refractive surgery using an excimer laser to treat myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism.
In his scientific endeavours, he has a dozen published articles related to his speciality, with these exploring papillary leukemic infiltration, subperiosteal orbital abscess, and primary and secondary macular pucker, among other subjects.
Canary Islands Society of Ophthalmology
- "Pseudotumor orbitario: Un dilema diagnóstico" (Orbital pseudotumour. A diagnostic dilemma). Archivos de la Sociedad Canaria de Oftalmología journal. Volume XI. 83-86. 2000.
- "Estudio del uso de lentes de contacto en nuestro medio" (Study on the use of contact lenses in our environment). Revista Española de Contactología. Volume VII. No. 2: 1997.
- Coordinator of the eleventh knowledge renewal course on ophthalmology directed by Professor Gustavo Piantoni. Durand Hospital. April-November 1996.
- Author of "Pucker Macular Primario y secundario. Correlación clínico-patológica" (Primary and secondary macular pucker. Clinical-pathological correlation). 1995.
- Presentation of the poster "Síndrome de Stickler" (Stickler Syndrome). 15th Argentine Ophthalmology Conference. Mendoza (Argentina). 23-28 April 1995.
- Presentation of the poster "Infiltración leucémica de la papila" (Papillary leukemic infiltration). 15th Argentine Ophthalmology Conference. Mendoza (Argentina). 23-28 April 1995.
- Author of "Infiltración leucémica de la papila" (Papillary leukemic infiltration). Durand Hospital. 1994.
Ophthalmology resident doctor. Durand Hospital. Buenos Aires. Argentina (1991–1996).
Spanish and English.